Thursday, March 20, 2014

Institute Teachers

This week has been incredible. On Friday I got to see the Parkers and catch up with them. Thunder varsity won their final game of the season which was great. JD had his best game of his career and it was an awesome one to end on, he played hard and left it all on the floor. So proud of him and his team. The championship ggame was really exciting, double overtime with 4 players on hcya fouling out then okc storm ending up with the win. Then I went to steak n shake like old times with the parkers. This week for link year has been really cool though. We have heard from three different institute teachers. First we heard from Joey Tisdale. I got to know him at kamp over the past several years, and he has spoken at the fort several time this year. We each submitted two questions about what college life is like and or questions about choosing a college or choosing a church when we get there ect. It was really neat. I really learned a lot of really practical things from him. Then on Wednesday Chad Hampch came and spoke to us. I don’t know him that well but after his teaching time I really look forward to getting to know him better. I am going to try and pursue him as a mentor for the last 6 or so weeks. Keith Chancey came and talked to us about sharing the Gospel. He used Paul’s second missionary journey to illustrate how he overcame adversity and laid aside what he wanted and did God’s will. Also about when we get to college we need to seek out someone not only to mentor us but we should be mentoring others. We have been fed so long at link year and are probably more prepared than we realize. We need to take that and pour into people. Engaged with people wherever we go, never eat a meal alone. Hear peoples story then they will want to hear yours and that will be your opportunity to tell them about how Jesus came into your life and changed everything about you. About how you died to yourself and now live your life totally and fully committed to furthering the kingdom of God by loving God and loving others to Jesus. At the end of his talk I was about ready to run through a brick wall and change the world. I want to go to college tomorrow and impact my campus. Then Tonight I looked up a whole bunch of scholarships and which ones I am eligible for and what kind of essays I might need to write. Now I am at Blakely and shelby’s 18th joint birthday party. It is a ton of fun. Later crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment