Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fiji Day 24

Today we were supposed to have a work day, but due to some future weather conditions they moved our charter boat day to today. We went out to the Mamanucas, which is an island group not too far off shore from Nadi. One of the islands out there is the island that Cast Away was filmed on. Unfortunately we were unable to stop there because of some problems with the Jet ski. Oh yeah we had a Jet ski, so we took turns driving it around as the boat went along. It was a blast. Unfortunately it ended up having some mechanical problems, but I got to drive it around before that time. While I was on it I got to jump around behind the boat on the wake, slow down to look into the crystal blue water at fish. I saw a small reef shark eating something and I saw two manta rays. As they skimmed under that water I could drive right with them, they were pretty fast. About 20mph. We saw some flying fish jumping out of the water. Then we stopped and snorkeled for a while at a reef. That was awesome, we saw tons of fish, a couple of sea snakes, which are super venomous. But before you get alarmed, it is almost impossible for them to bite you, they have such small mouths that they cannot open wide enough to bite anything other than an earlobe or the webbing between your fingers. Josh Ong was a little bolder than myself, he was grabbing them and moving them around. He dropped it when he pulled it out of the water because it really flipped out. Then I got to try spear fishing, which was awesome. After about 15min I had a fish. It was really neat I have some pictures of it. Then I let some other people give it a try. We cruised around, took some group pics, ate food and headed back. All in all one of my best days to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment