Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fiji Day 19

Today I got up at 5, watched the sunrise and rested in my hammock, then we had breakfast and heard a devo from Hillary, she talked to us about the promises of God and took a little time to focus on a promise in 1 John that talks about the promise that God will hear and respond to our prayers, reminding us that it is not always in the way that we expect. Then we loaded up into the van the jimmy and the rav 4 and headed out to the village, we participated in the cava ceremony and dancing, they showed us the process of how they make pottery without a wheel or any formal tools, they used a paddle to shape the clay into a rounded disc, then they fused the two together and cut a hole in the top with a stick and began to form it into a pot. Then they showed us how after it come out of the fire they will put tree sap on it to add a shine and make it waterproof, then it is ready for use or sale. After that we ate a snack and went out to a beach, where I got some wifi and talked to my mom about some stuff. The signal wasn’t very good, so after we talked for a little bit I went out and started enjoying the beach with everyone else. I dug a hole and Adam and Thomas buried me, then the put a shirt over my head and would ask unsuspecting people to grab it for him and when they picked it up I would scream and scare them. It was hilarious; they got on video that Donyes might post on the blog.  Then I swam for a little while. Lydia speared a fish with Phil’s spear, so that was cool. I snorkeled for a little while which was fun, I saw quite a few fish. Then we loaded back up in cars and headed back. Im all showered up after a fun day at the beach and now headed to dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment