Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fiji poem

This is a poem I wrote while I was in Fiji. We had a poetry night on our last night as a group before people headed back to the states and before my group went to New Zealand. Some people wrote funny ones, others serious and I like to think if mine as somewhere in between. I hope you all enjoy and I will post my other journal entries from the trip soon.



In Fiji there are frogs

They hop and hop on the logs

At first we all thought they were dumb

But they were just thinking yum yum

We went out for our first work day

It was so much fun might as well have been play

At work In the papayas, the fire pit or chicken coop

We knew for dinner auntie sala would have for us some nice warm soup

Russie showed us how to clear a field

He took that small knife he really could wield

After blisters and cuts and sunburns galore

Each night we remembered to thank our lord.

We want to Suva and to homes of hope.

I'm not gonna lie it was pretty dope

In Sydney to the zoo we went.

Seals, elephants and giraffes were present.

We returned to the farm, stories we shared

Opera house, zoo and hostels we faired

Jet skiing snorkeling and spear fishing.

To go back to those days I am already wishing

As we go home I will never forget

The lessons I have learned and the people I have met.

To Fiji I say moce moce

I hope that it is only sototaleh



Moce means goodbye in Fijian

Sototaleh means see you later

No comments:

Post a Comment