Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fiji Travel/Day 1

Well I made it to Fiji, has been pretty awesome so far. Things were a little crazy trying to get my passport the morning of my flight, but sure enough I made it. Got my passport at about 10:00am and was on my 12:00 flight out that afternoon. We then were on 3 different planes. I was always sitting in an area with Kelsey josh Hannah Morgan. So that was fun. Then we got to Houston switched planes there, it was a quick switch, we kinda had to run through the airport. So this was a decently long flight 4.5 hours of something to LA, really nice plane though. Very comfortable, goo movies to watch. I watched the new wolverine movie and I watched after earth, but I kinda started falling asleep towards the end. Had some panda express in the LA airport so that was pretty legit. Orange chicken of course. They didn’t have the alacarte option so I ordered a triple entrĂ©e like a boss. Then we were on a 12 hour flight to FIJI! WHAT WHAT! Long flight but totally worth it. We got to the airport, got some money converted to FJD then loaded up in some vans and headed out to the farm. Apparently there has been a ton of rain in the past week especially on Wednesday. Which halted the final work on our dorms, so our dorms are kinda still under construction while we are in them. one of the girls rooms went to stay at one of the missionaries house Laura. We went to the beach and just chilled for a couple hours. I put some suncreen on but my back still got decently burned, so I am going to be mindful of that for the next few days and wear a shirt more. The beach was fun though, the food here is pretty good. It is a lot of fruits and some bread. Last night we had a chicken soup for dinner. The locals here that I have met so far are really nice. The people who work here in the kitchen and stuff have told me a lot about the island area. We are in the valley along side a decently large mountain range so that is pretty neat. I and some others expressed interest in doing some climbing maybe on our second day. After lunch I went down to the creek to explore, it was a little difficult to get over there because the vegetation is very overgrown. But once I got down by the water and could see where the cows came through to get to the creek. I ended up knee deep in mud at one point which was pretty funny. But I washed off in the creek and then climbed a big “rain tree” and chilled there, read my bible until heading back a little bit before dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment