Sunday, February 16, 2014

Australia Day 15


Well I got up this morning, showered up and got ready for the day, Im looking into different activities since it is raining, but we are talking about going over to manly beach and watching some of the surfing open, so that should be really cool. I am going to try and go to the opera tonight. Well I went to Manly with the group and watched the surf open it was cool. We walked arund did a little shopping, watched some surfing ect. The weather wasn’t that good, a little rainy and overcast and the current was apparently pretty rough, so I decided not to try and surf. Then we went back to the room and I went out in search of a nicer shirt for the opera. There weren’t a lot of choices but I picked one out. Then came back to the hostel and got ready, the car everyone else was taking only had room for 4 so I caught a bvus down to the opera house, I went up to get a ticket and they told me if I came back at 6:30 I could get a student discount, so we went to this Italian place it was really nice, I had to eat kinda fast to get back up there in time, but it was good. I got my ticket and we went in, my seat was great for me I could see the surtitles well and the stage was pretty close, the people I sat next to were experienced opera goers. They told me a little more than I had read about the production. I really enjoyed it, it was easy to follow and the singing was amazing. Everyone in the production could sing so well. The theater itself was really neat too. Im so glad I decided to do that. Then afterwards I made sure that Tyler, Kristina, Mary and Hannah made it to the car, then I began my evening adventure home. I decided to walk over to the bridge from the opera house, which is a solid walk, when I got there I decided to walk across the bridge, there was a really cool view of the opera house and the whole harbor area. After crossing I noticed a rail station, so I decieded to hop on the rail. I took the rail down a ways and then switched to another train. I ended up at bondi junction where I got on a bus to Bondi beach. On the first day the kids we met told us that bondi was about a 30min walk from coogee on the coastal walkway, so it was 12:45am when I got to bondi, so I started my leisurely walk.  After about 45min at a medium slowish pace I asked some people about how much further it was, they told me I still had a pretty good ways to go. So I made less detours and started walking faster, I passed some other beaches and eventually at 2:30 I made it back to Coogee, I was sooo tired I just went up to my room and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment