Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fiji Day 6



Well today was a great day. I accidentally overslept, which really just means I didn’t wake up at 5:00, someone else’s alarm went off at 5:45 so we all got up then and caught the actual sunrise and had a short quiet time. I am going through Ephesians right now, it has been super powerful to me. Especially in chapter 4 verse 13 through 16. I think next year (2015) I am going to memorize the book of Ephesians. Today was another work day. I started out with Russie out in the field taking down a fence on the corner of the property about 6 posts to allow for an Indian farm who owns about an acre between that part of the creek and the oasis farm. He has decided that he is going to plant some vegetables there, so we were making space for him to get through, after that we re place new posts and reset the barbed wire.  Then we took a short break before going out into the papaya fields to clean things up. All of the holes had been filled with fertilizer and we just picked up the fruit that had fallen and branches that had died. We move them out to prevent insects and mongoose from disturbing the healthy parts of the tree. Then I went over to the other side of the farm house to help with the chicken coop. All of the bases have been set and today we finished most of the frame. After that we had lunch and rested for a little bit before going out to run kids club projects. It was really fun, we played some games with the kids. Duck duck goose, freeze tag, telephone, capture the shoe (capture the flag) then we told Bible stories and acted them out. We did jonah, noah, david and goliath, Jesus walks on water, and Jesus feeds the 5,000. Then at the end the kids did a short song and dance for us that they had learned at church, we the got back for dinner. I sat a talked to Salah for a while then ate the most normal food yet. Sloppy Joes essentially. They had a few bones that you had to make sure not to bite into too hard, but it was good. Then I got in my hammock for a few minutes before the bugs all came out. Then Lydia and I went in the farm house and played a little guitar talk to salah and flora and her two kids. Josh came and played the guitar for a little while too. Then we went back to our rooms I took a shower and started typing this while visiting with the boys. All in all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment