Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fiji Day 9



Well we just finished breakfast, I had a couple small bananas and some toast, a couple hardboiled eggs and a piece of pineapple. It was pretty good. Now we are journaling and reading our Bibles before heading to church at 10:00. I was reading through 1st Peter 5 remembering as I read it, memorizing it for chief princess weekend. I want to recommit it to memory. I do not think it will be too hard, it isnt a long chapter. Especially compared to the 48 verses in Matthew 5. Everyone has got there sulus, and bula shirts on ready to go. Today is Morgan’s birthday, so that is eciting, I am going to get her a cake today, I already bought some balloons and candles. I thinking about getting her something for a gift, but figuring out what she would really want is the tough part. If I see something that I think she will really like than that’s what I’ll get, otherwise I will just give her the cakenow I am chillin with Isla and Aden taking picture on my computer. They are so cute.church was pretty good today, the teachers were not exceptionally enthusiastic, but I liked watching the sign language interpreter and try to learn some of the Fijian signs, which is really different than American sign language. I was dosing off a little during the second part of the service, after that we had some lunch and just had a little time to visit with one another about how our time here has been so far. After that we kinda split up some people stayed at the house because they were really tired and others including myself, went on a waterfall hike. It was less like a hike and more like a short trail, only about 100yrds to the waterfall from where we parked, it was pretty neat though. There was a big swing into the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. So that was fun, I couldn’t really do much tricks, but had a good time anyway. Then we came back to the house, I got to go with a smallish group down to the coast where Lydia Kimmy and I went on a walk through the park, it was great, we saw some mudskippers and crabs in the water, there were a bunch of mangrove trees, which we are told are very essential for Fiji’s fish population because that is where the go to spawn, which protects there eggs until they hatch. Then we walked back, on the way back we went by a basketball court where some people were shooting so they let up put up a few shots. The rim was so small though, It was almost half the size, which I guess would help you work on your accuracy, but it was significantly more difficult. Then we went back to the house and ate dinner, then birthday cake and ice cream, it was great. Came back to the rooms and now we are all just winding down for bed. Another successful day in Suva.

No comments:

Post a Comment