Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week 6


This week has been very exciting; we got to hear from BJ Thompson. The main thing that I took away from BJ’s talks was that we need to accept our brokenness. Once we realize our brokenness we can accept that we cannot do it on our own. We can then move towards a dependence on God and seeing our need for Christ as our savior. When we try and do things on our own we demean what God accomplished through sending his son to die.  So by realizing our own depravity we can then move to grace instead of trying to do it on our own and focusing on legalism and our own performance. 
            Now we are working on our paper on growing in gratefulness so that is a awesome experience. Learning to be grateful for everything that we are given and using it for Gods glory.
I also made my final plans for New Zealand; we are buying our plane tickets and bus passes  on Monday so that will be good. I also bought my plane ticket for Australia for the 5 day trip so I am pumped about that. Haven’t quite finished the plan for what I am going to do while I am in Australia, but I am probably going to go to the opera house and the bridge. We are also talking about going to hill song church on Sunday so that will be good. Then we might go hang gliding and stuff. I think the great barrier reef is pretty far from Sydney so it looks like I am going to have to make another trip to Australia at some point in my life. I am going to see if I can find 42 Walabee Way Sydney.  Find it for the Nemo memories. Anyway talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment