Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 3


Well to continue from where I left off last week. I have now finished and turned in my CCLP (Christ Centered Life Plan). So I think that went well. We also had our first group of people answering apologetical questions, so that was exciting. I do not have to answer mine until October 10th, so I still have some time to prepare, but I feel pretty ready for them. My three questions are: What is life style evangelism? Since the Bible doesn’t mention masturbation is it still sin? How can I be certain that Christianity is the only way? So I will be asked one of those three questions and random and have to defend my answer. One of the directors will be playing the devils advocate. The only thing we have is a Bible, no notes or phone a friend.  So next week I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes. I am starting work at Black Oak Grill as a server tomorrow. I have been in training up to this point, but tomorrow I get my own tables, so that will be fun. There is a software called Logos Bible that I am planning on getting, it is an amazing tool that helps you study the Bible deeper, digging into the Greek words and the history of the people of the time, so that you can understand why something maybe Jesus did was so unusual and realize how radical he really was. Right now they are working on getting the people in our program a discount, but I am really excited to get it when they work out the details. We are doing a biblical foundations program called New City Catechism. You can look it up online, it is free and you can follow along with what I am doing. We are studying in order, 3 questions per week and tested on them every Wednesday. Next Wednesday we will be responsible for questions 1-6 and then the next week 1-9 and so on. That way we retain our information. We memorize the verse and reference that supports our answer to the question. It is often fairly basic concepts to someone who has grown up in church all their life, but I think it will be very useful when trying to articulate my faith to someone who has never been to church or heard about God. Tomorrow is TGIF (random fun Friday activity) and all they told us to wear clothes that we can get dirty and to wear old tennis shoes. So that should be exciting. My only thought is that we could be caving. I know we are going on a bus to go somewhere, but he probably realizes we will think that so it could easily be something else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment