Friday, October 11, 2013

Week 4


Well TGIF last week was really fun, we went paintballing at a course in Ozark Missouri, it was a blast, we were playing capture the flag games and eliminations games it was awesome. I did get a little carried away at one point. I was in an epic battle with one of my adversaries on the other team, we were trading shots back and forth as we ducked behind barriers. Then I saw an opportunity as my opponent ducked down. I ran forward and when I was about 10ft away (probably too close) I shot my opponent in the top of the head. It was Alexis…and apparently it hurt pretty bad. I realized that was probably a bad idea right after I shot her in the head. Then as I was checking to see if she was okay, who would come around the corner, but Sarah Emerson, close range about 4 shots to the chest. I got some good welts from that one. Alexis ended up forgiving me, and my welts are now gone, just another successful TGIF I enjoyed with my link year crew.
Friday night I had work at Black Oak Grill, funny story my jeans ripped when I bent over to pick up a napkin, so I had to strategically move around the room without revealing the tear in my jeans. I made it through the night with incident and my boss didn’t notice until the restaurant was closed. Then I went back to Link Year campus and taught some more swing dancing. It was really fun.
This week we had a few different speakers, on Monday we met with our accountability groups and our Jonathan groups, which is like a small group for just guys, so that we can fellowship and encourage each other. Then on Tuesday we had Donyes speak to us about our seven pillars papers, it was an overview of all of them, we will go more in depth on them as we write our seven pillar papers. On Wednesday Amy Simmons came and spoke to us about the way that God had an impact on her life as she went into prisons to speak, she spoke at the white house and wrote two book about the way God has interceded into her life.
Then today we were shown how Logos Bible software works and we are trying to make an elective course for Logos so that we can learn to use it and get a discount on it. I am really excited about it. Tomorrow we are going on another TGIF, I wonder where we will go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment