Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 7

This week was a ton of pretty crazy a bunch of stuff going on. Saturday I took the SAT I think it went really well. Selby helped me prepare for the essay portion. Using literature to support my answers. This week Marvin Daniels came and spoke to is. He works for KAA. He talked to us about some ethical questions that are difficult to answer. If you agreed with the statement you would walk to one side of the room if you disagree you go to the other side. Then we would have some healthy debate about why we chose the side that we did. We had some really good conversations. Some of the topics I have thought about before while others I had to think about and make a decision about quickly. One of the topics was “If we could clone a person, would it have a soul?” I argued that it would have a soul. Another question was about if there was any situation where you think abortion is acceptable. On Tuesday I got some recalls done on my car and bought the tickets for our groups flight to New Zealand. There are currently 9 of us going. I am really looking forward to it. Then on Wednesday my parents came in. I made some quiches and then on Thursday morning we made eggs bacon sausage and waffles for everyone. It was a big hit. Now we are going country dancing so that should be a lot of fun. I have done a lot of swing but not as much country so I look forward to getting better at this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment