Friday, October 18, 2013

week 5


This week has been awesome. We have had several really awesome speakers. One of my favorites was Karen Chancey. She gave us a biblical overview, which was so awesome. It coincided perfectly with B90X which is the challenge to read the bible in 90 days, so when we were talking about progression in the Old Testament I could really follow along well. Then today we heard from ward Weibe who talked about the Gospels and how they are different and how they are similar, so that was awesome and just added a lot to her overview. He talked about who the authors are writing to at the time which explains why they might have included certain information in their books that the others may have not. It was super interesting. I also finalized some things for logos so we should be getting the software sometime next week and be able to start using it. I am so excited. Ring able to study the words in the Greek and dig into their meanin will be so awesome. I can't wait. I am going home this weekend for the first time so that will be fun. I will wait to post this so my mom doesn't see, because her birthday is tomorrow and I am surprising her. So that is fun :) hannah and Kelsey are carpooling with me which is really fun since we are all from Dallas. This will be the only time I come home before thanksgiving so it will be nice to see my family before heading off. I won't get to see my big sis for a while so that is a bummer but that will just make it that much more special when I do. At black oak grill this week I got to share the gospel with 2 of my co workers. It was so awesome. I was studying for my new city catechism questions and my co workers would ask me about them and I would get to tell them all about Christ and his life and death. It was awesome. Until next week 

No comments:

Post a Comment