Thursday, November 14, 2013

Week 8

Another week at link year and more exciting things going on. This wee Shay Robbins, one of my heroes came and spoke on intimacy with God. I think often during my relationship with God I seek knowledge and wisdom, but the idea of being intimate with God was always hard to wrap my mind around. It was really awesome to talk about the ways that we grow closer to God and begin to share more and more with him about what we are going through in our everyday life. We talked about spending time in solitude with God. No phone no computer no friends. Just you and God, giving yourself time in self examination, while sharing with God the details of your day to day life. To discern that which is displeasing to him and take steps in obedience to cut those things out. 

Next we talked about spiritual gifts and not only determining which gifts but how to use them. Paul writes to Timothy in 2nd Timothy 1 to fan into flame the his spiritual gift. Just because God has given us a spiritual gift doesn't mean we are using it. It is our responsibility to use what we have been given. Tomorrow we have another TGIF so that should be exciting. I am not sure what we plan to do, but it doesn’t start til 9:30 and it is an indoor activity that is pretty much all I know. I am still in the planning process with my group about how we want to do our final semester project, for the most part we are planning to do the same thing, we just need to go out and actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment