Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weird Week


It is weird to think that Link Year is almost over, this week has been unusual. I wasn’t here for class Monday morning, I was still in Dallas flying back. Had a cool conversation with the woman I sat next to o the plane about Link Year and about Jesus. It was awesome that God gave me that opportunity to share with her. She knew about Jesus and had been to church before but she didn’t really open up about where she was at with God. Anyway I’m praying that God will continue to work in her life. Class on Wednesday was with Rich, he runs Joshua Wilderness which is a different gap year program. It is in Hume Lake California kinda near Fresno. They are in a lot of ways very different than Link, partly because of location/isolation, but he spoke to us a lot on his trips to Israel and teaching about Jewish and Israeli culture. That was interesting. Then on Wednesday we had our small groups, which felt weird because that is normally on Mondays, we went through the study we are doing on identity, confronted some issues about times in my life where I am trying to be God is some way, trying to control things, or change people, or not wanting to ask for help from others. Our culture tells us a lot of things about what men should or shouldn’t do and a lot of times it contradicts the Bible and so we have to be careful not to get caught up into what we have always heard and what we are used to, but instead match it with the word. I got a ton of stuff done that afternoon, trying to get some things sorted out for the fundrasier I am trying to do for Fiji missions (Island encounters). Hitting a few road blocks, but nothing I think we cant get around. This morning almost all of the guys got up and we had a time of prayer together. It was really cool, we are going to do this every Tuesday and Thursday for the rest of Link Year. I cant believe that it is almost over. It has been a blast. Choosing between Pepperdine and Westmont probably in the next week or so, by next week I will either be a Wave or a Warrior. Either way I am pretty pumped. I gotta go get some maintenance done, Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment